Last Updated in November 2022
|1. Collection||We may collect information about you, such as your name, phone number, and email address details through your use of the Site.
|2. Use||We may use your information to provide the requested services, maintain and improve the Site, and send you marketing communications.
|3. Mobile Devices||With your consent, we may send you push notifications with information about your reservations and MEKHE TRANSPORT programs of your choosing.|
|4. Sharing||We may share your information with suppliers, service providers, business partners, and our affiliates.|
|6. Security||We maintain reasonable security measures to protect your information and require our service providers to do the same.|
|7. Data Subject Rights||You may exercise certain rights of access, correction, deletion, portability, or object to certain processing of your information.|
|8. Third Party Links||We may provide links to Third Party Websites that are not owned or controlled by us, and are governed by separate user terms and privacy statements.|
1. Information We Collect
We collect information about you that you provide to us when using the Site, such as your name, address, phone number and e-mail address. (We NEVER collect your credit card details)
By visiting our Site, we may also automatically collect certain usage information, such as your IP address, geographic data, country, search preferences related to specific searches, browser, and information about your device's operating system, application version, language settings, and pages that have been shown to you. If you are using a mobile device to access our mobile app or mobile optimized Site, we might also collect information that identifies your mobile device, such as the device ID, location of the device (with your consent), and device-specific settings and characteristics.
If you decide to book tours or other travel activities through our Site, depending on the type of tour or travel activity, there may be limited additional information that we may collect from you, including your passport details, date of birth, height and weight, pick-up location, your preferred tour/activity language, and information about any special requirements that we need to consider in connection with your participation in the respective tour/activity.
If you need to get in touch with our customer support team, or reach out to us through other means (such as through social media, or communicating with your local service providers through us), we will collect the information you may choose to provide through such contact.
Where you submit reviews regarding your local service providers or other ancillary services available on our website through us, we will collect information from you included in your reviews, including your first name and country of residence.
Special categories of personal information
Certain types of personal data, such as religion or health-related information, are considered sensitive and may require additional protection under applicable laws. Although we do not ordinarily collect sensitive personal data as part of standard local service providers bookings, there may be a need to from time to time, collect such information e.g. as contained in a government-issued identification document or medical certificate if such information is supportive of a transaction or request that you ask us to perform on your behalf such as a cancellation or amendment of your booking, or if you may choose to share such information voluntarily through any contact you may have with MEKHE TRANSPORT. You may also elect to provide us with other information which may imply or suggest information like religion, health or other information, such as when specifying your dietary needs. Such collection and processing of such sensitive personal data will be in line with what is set out in this privacy statement.
Where required by law, we rely on the following legal bases to process personal information:
- Necessity to Perform Contract with You - we need to process your information in order to provide our travel reservation services to you, answer questions and requests from you, and provide customer support;
- Our Legitimate Interests - we process your information for security and safety; debt recovery purposes; to detect and prevent fraud; to protect and defend the rights or property of others, or our own rights and interests; to analyze, improve, customize and provide our reservation travel and related services to you; and to respond to domestic and foreign law enforcement requests, court orders, and legal process;
- Compliance with Legal Obligations - we need to process your information to comply with relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
Protect Vital Interest - we may need to process your information in case of emergency involving an individual's life or health.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information collected through the Site to:
- Provide you with the requested services, such as creating a user account, processing and confirming your reservation, and communicating with you about services requested (e.g., pre-reservation or post booking chat support (excluding credit card number), special request, cancellations, rewards
- Conduct surveys or provide you with information about our services on our Site or on other websites you may visit
- Maintain and improve the Site, tailor the user experience, and for internal training
- Protect the security of you and the Site
- Exercising a right or obligation conferred or imposed by law, including responding to request and legal demands
(We'll NEVER send you email marketing communications about products and services)
During calls with our customer support team, live listening may be done or calls may be recorded for quality and reference purposes which includes the usage of the recordings for the handling of claims, training and fraud detection purposes. If you would prefer that your call was not recorded, you can opt out by stating this, or by hanging up. Call recordings are kept for a limited amount of time and automatically deleted thereafter, unless MEKHE TRANSPORT has a legitimate interest to keep such recording for a longer period, including for fraud investigation and legal purposes.
Please note that the confirmation emails and text messages sent after your booking are NOT marketing messages. These messages are part of your reservation process.
3. Mobile Devices
With your consent, we may send you push notifications with information about your reservation and review. We will NEVER sent you any marketing notification.
In connection with your visit to our Site and use of our services, we may share your information as follows:
- Travel Suppliers, activity providers, airline, car rental, and insurance who fulfil your travel reservations. These suppliers may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you, facilitate your travel reservation including communicating with you prior to arrival about your upcoming stay, or respond to a review you may submit in accordance with their own independent privacy policies.
- Third Party Service Providers who provide data processing services to us (for example PAYPAL), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes such as credit card and payment processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, or distribution of surveys, to facilitate the delivery of online services and advertising tailored to your interests, and/or fraud prevention. Our third party service providers will only process information as needed to perform their functions. They are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
Our Site may use and allow third parties to place cookies (session and persistent), pixels/tags, SDKs, application program interfaces ("APIs"), and other technologies (collectively, "Cookies") on our Site that may collect and store certain information about you. Some of these Cookies are necessary to provide, secure, and maintain the basic functions of the Site, such as to keep you logged in while your visit our Site (“Functional Cookies”), while other Cookies are used to provide you with a better user experience, such as:
- Perform non-essential website analytics, such as impression reporting, demographic reporting and interest reporting. This may include the recording of mouse clicks, movements, page scrolling and restricted text entered into our Site forms through selected third parties but we will take sufficient precautions to ensure that personal information will not be collected during such recordings e.g. through the adoption of irreversible masking. Website analytics is used to improve our Site and services; and
- To provide you advertising tailored to your interest (collectively, “Non-Functional Cookies”).
Our use of Functional Cookies and Non-Functional Cookies is subject to geographic implementation as detailed below.
Please also visit the following third parties' websites to exercise certain opt-out choices over Cookies:
- Google Analytics - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ads/settings
- Google Ads - https://adssettings.google.com/
By exercising such choices regarding interest-based advertising, you may still receive advertisements, but the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your interests. You should also know that logging out of your user account does not actually mean that you opt out of personalized advertisements.
You may need to make such choices on each browser and device you may use to exercise choice regarding certain Functional Cookies and Non-Functional Cookies. Lastly, at this time the Site is not configured to honor browsers' "Do Not Track" signals, except where required by applicable law.
6. Protecting Your Information
We maintain reasonable physical, electronic, and organizational security measures to protect your information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, or unauthorized disclosure or access. We use Secure Socket Layer technology to encrypt credit card information during transit. For security reasons, we will NEVER ask for or collect your credit card information.
We will retain your information for the period necessary to provide and secure our Sites and services, and to exercise our legal rights and comply with our legal or regulatory obligations. When MEKHE TRANSPORT no longer needs to use your information, we will – unless we need to keep your information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations or the information is required to carry out corporate tasks and conduct our business – remove it from our systems and records and/or take steps to properly anonymize it so that you can no longer be identified from it.
7. How You Can Access or Change Your Information
You can easily correct your account name, the booking holder name (subject to the cancellation policy attached to the booking) and contact number at any time by signing in to your account on the website. Alternatively, please contact us via our Customer Support page or at email@example.com to exercise any of the following rights:
- Access: You are entitled at any time to obtain information about your personal information that we store, in accordance with applicable law and without any fee. However, in exceptional cases we ask you to pay reasonable fees before we provide the information if permitted by applicable law.
- Rectification: You may request that we rectify any of your personal information that is incomplete or incorrect.
- Deletion: You may request that we delete your account.
- Restrictions of Processing: You may ask us to cease processing of your personal information for example if you have objected to the processing and the existence of legitimate grounds is still under consideration.
- Objection: You may object, at any time, to your personal information being processed for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to Revoke Consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on such consent before it was withdrawn.
- Data Portability: If applicable, you may request us to send you your personal information which we store, in a commonly used and machine readable format which shall be decided at our sole discretion.
To protect your privacy and security, we will verify your identity before responding to such request, and your request will be answered within a reasonable timeframe. We may not be able to allow you to access certain personal information in some cases e.g. if your personal information is connected with personal information of other persons, or for legal reasons. In such cases, we will provide you with an explanation why you cannot obtain this information. We may also deny your request for deletion or rectification of your personal information due to statutory provisions, especially those affecting our accounting processes, processing of claims, for fraud detection or prevention purposes, and mandatory data retention, which may prohibit deletion or anonymization.
8. Links to Third Party Websites
9. Additional Considerations
A Special Note About Minors
Our Site is not directed to minors under the age of 18. However, minors can normally accompany their parent(s) or legal custodian(s) who have booked an local service providers, unless prohibited by an local service providers property's policies.
10. Contacting Us
MEKHE TRANSPORT Co., Ltd
No.11, Soi Borommaratchachonnani 73,
Borommaratchachonnani Road, Chim Phli,
Bangkok - Thailand 10170